In my last Driving with John Chow video, I talk about the editorial calendar and why you need one. In this post, I will show you how to use it with WordPress so you can see all your posts, and drag and drop them to manage your blog.
One of the reasons I use WordPress to power my blog is the amount of plugins available, and one of the best content management plugin is the WordPress Editorial Calendar plugin.
Did you remember to write a post for next Tuesday? What about the Tuesday after that? WordPress doesn’t make it easy to see when your posts are scheduled. The editorial calendar gives you an overview of your blog and when each post will be published. You can drag and drop to move posts, edit posts right in the calendar, and manage your entire blog.
Some of the many features of the plugin include:
- See all of your posts and when they’ll be posted.
- Drag and drop to change your post dates.
- Manage your drafts with our new drafts drawer.
- Quickedit post titles, contents, and times.
- Publish posts or manage drafts.
- Easily see the status of your posts.
- Manage posts from multiple authors.
With the WordPress Editorial Calendar plugin, I can see all my scheduled blog post at a glance, and move them around at will. If you run your blog like a real business, then an using an editorial calendar is a must. Watch the video below to learn more about the WordPress Editorial Calendar.