Podcasting is going through a massive growth phase right now. It’s almost like the explosion we saw in blogging several years ago, but the attention towards this new media platform is growing at a massive rate and being backed by big money, business and entertainment.
The reason why podcasts are so hot right now is that “content is king“, and delivering your message through podcasting is like content on crack!
Here’s three reasons why podcasting is doing so well right now.
- Podcasts are free, quick and easy to listen to
- Apple iTunes keeps adding fuel to the podcasting fire
- Enjoy shows and episodes based off your interested and length of time
These three reasons in itself are enough to start paying attention to podcasts, but even more — it’s the extreme value being added by both the content creator and the audience listening. A good example of this would be if you were to visit a 1,000-word blog post on this site. It might take you 15 mins to read, though most people will only skim through it and read the headlines.
With a podcast you can deliver that same message in a shorter amount of time, while also increasing engagement with your audience and giving them the freedom to do whatever they like while listening (gym, walking, commute). Audio also brings the conversation to life and builds a powerful relationship with your audience.
Want to learn more about John Chow and how he got started with his online empire? Listen here, and not only will you discover his story, you will also better relate with him and have a connection since he’s the one telling the store.
It’s also not just bloggers and content creators who are moving into the podcasting space. Take a look at any of the top podcasts appearing within iTunes and you are going to see big name celebrities, brands and experts in their own field. Within iTunes you can break down these categories even more, which is where you can really start to see things get niche specific!
Podcasting is the next wave of content generation and while it still may seem like it’s under the radar, just wait til more mobile applications and automobiles adapt such players into our everyday lives.
With all of that being said, podcasts are also an amazing way to get inspired, motivated and become a better business expert or entrepreneur — especially when you are listening to the best business podcasts in the world today.
Let’s take a look at 12 must-listen podcasts for savvy marketers, as originally listed by John Rampton in one his recent Forbes articles. Below you will find a summary for each of the podcasts recommended, who they are hosted by and why they might be a perfect fit for yourself or your audience.
Also be sure to check out the full infographic at the bottom of the paid for a quick visual reference.
12 Marketing Podcasts for Entrepreneurs You Can’t Afford to Miss
- Business Mistakes â€“ Business Mistakes has already received more than 150 five-star ratings and features various industry leaders who talk about their life-changing mistakes and the steps they did to rise after the blunder.
- PNR: This Old Marketing â€“ Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi puts their audience in the know about the latest trends and strategies in content marketing, this podcast is for you.
- The Solopreneur â€“ Hosted by Michael O’Neal, Solopreneur aims to help those who consider themselves unemployable by leading them to the correct path to becoming successful on their own terms.
- Mixergy â€“ Listen to Andrew Warner as he interviews the best of the best and asks them uncomfortable and thought-provoking questions to bring out the greatest success and heart-wrenching failures of his guests.
- Entrepreneur On Fire â€“ Get into the minds of today’s entrepreneurs and leading business experts from John Lee Dumas’ award-winning podcast, EOFire or Entrepreneurs on Fire.
- Growth Everywhere â€“ The Growth Show is the business podcast of HubSpot. It is dedicated to helping leaders and business people grow their ideas, businesses, a movement, or a team.
- The Growth Show â€“ Growth Everywhere is a podcast dedicated to growing your business and your personal growth; thus, the namesake.
- Smart Passive Income â€“ Smart Passive Income is what it is â€“ helping you find passive income resources so that you have more time to pursue your other endeavors. It is packed with stories and lesson Pat Flynn, the founder, has experienced.
- Manager Tools â€“ If you want to become a better manager and gain invaluable insight how to manage your team, Manager Tools has very comprehensive tools and resources to help you achieve that goal.
- The James Altucher Show â€“ Psychologist and best-selling author, James Altucher does not just bring you business insights but also about finding your passion and purpose and build it to bring you profit.
- EntreLeadership â€“ EntreLeadership is hosted by Ken Coleman, it includes lively discussions about business and leadership that can add more to your knowledge and insight.
- Rise of the Entrepreneur â€“ Zac Johnson has interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs that spill the beans on the best tips and tricks to launch, grow and have a successful business.
12 Must-Listen Marketing Podcasts for Entrepreneurs Infographic